User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
JademusSreg
Laughs Derisively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anopob
Also, the difficulty overall on Normal seemed to be ridiculously easy. I struggled quite a bit on Normal my first play through in Wc3 and SC/BW, but I beat all the missions here with relative ease even without playing them once beforehand.
So true. If I can beat every mission in only one attempt, it's too easy. Still, not so easy that I was bored. Basically, if you can manage an economy even half-competently, you can beat Normal.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
syltman
Made of jam

Not done yet but as far as I understand pretty much everything was made in GE (is there a way to find these maps?).

I also enjoyed walking around and research alot. Hard is actually quite easy althought I suck badly I've gotten pretty far in it.
syltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
JademusSreg
Laughs Derisively

Quote:
Originally Posted by syltman
Not done yet but as far as I understand pretty much everything was made in GE (is there a way to find these maps?).
Check the game's mpqs.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #14
Linaze
User

If the difficulty you play on is too easy, perhaps you should consider, you know, playing on a harder difficulty.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
Opossum
Opossum #496 EU

Blizzard is always making their games having the dumbest person ever in mind, so if you've ever won a ladder game on battle.net or watched a video about SC2 on youtube you should really be able to beat hard without too much hastle.
"Normal" translates more into... "For the average idiot" I think. 4chan fags maybe, I don't know.
Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
Linaze
User

Just beating the hard campaign isn't too hard, but some of the achievements that require you to play on the hard difficulty actually proved to require some skill.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
Strategy Master
Ye Old'e AI guy

So far the first half of the campaign has been an exellent experience and enjoying the fresh approach and the cantina music. I like added elements of role playing story telling between missions (You heard it hear first! Jim Raynor pillaging our between mission computer screens). Also appears to be a greater amount of cinematic sequences which is a bonus

Difficulty does seem easier on normal, but i put that down to myself being older, wiser, with years of experience with warcraft. They also added a brutal difficulty, so it makes sense difficulty is more scaled out.

Now down to business with the rest of this campaign
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
Opossum
Opossum #496 EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
Difficulty does seem easier on normal, but i put that down to myself being older, wiser, with years of experience with warcraft.
Behold the success of a Blizzard marketing trick!

I just beat the RoC and TFT campaign on hard a few weeks ago and that's no comparison to the equally named difficulties in SC2.
I think you can safely say that WC3's normal is SC2's hard mode.
I wonder if you can even die on casual.
Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
akolyt0r

Those achievements are gay, i often didnt get the achievements i deserved...
E.g. many missions have a "fulfill all mission targets" ...i fulfilled ALL mission targets (bonus aswell) of all campaign missions, but only got that achievement for 25% of the missions (and did NOT play offline)... WTF...
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #20
Anopob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaze
Just beating the hard campaign isn't too hard, but some of the achievements that require you to play on the hard difficulty actually proved to require some skill.
I was comparing specifically to wc3 and sc/bw, and many other RTS's I'm sure. I guess Blizzard made it so that Normal would be really easy though, for the new players and all. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akolyt0r
Those achievements are gay, i often didnt get the achievements i deserved...
E.g. many missions have a "fulfill all mission targets" ...i fulfilled ALL mission targets (bonus aswell) of all campaign missions, but only got that achievement for 25% of the missions (and did NOT play offline)... WTF...
You sure? I had no problems with achievements registering, even for campaign. Make sure you do all side objectives as well. You don't need to do the other achievements for that one to register though.
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote