Go Back   Sc2C.org > General Forums > Off-Topic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Linaze
User

Default Thoughts about the campaign

Just finished playing through the campaign which, in my opinion, was very awesome.
What are your opinions?
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
TKF
Cruiser Commander

I'm not trough yet. I played a few missions, but playing mostly on bnet as well. I've done 6 missions so far, and I like the ways of your decisions you chooses by empatizing mission on specific characters.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Viikuna

I gotta say I kinda like it, and I dont feel any regrets any more for buing this thing. ( Although, I still dont know if Im going to start doing any modding, theres just too much retarted shit blizzard is doing right now. )

It has damn many cinematics, though. For me thats not too bad, though. Im here mostly for story. Gameplay in campaign is not bad, but its not too good either.

You just gotta love all that space cowboy crap, though. Its awesome. Maybe its because Im kinda like a fan of Firefly and all, but damn.

For me its pretty much enough that it continues the story of Broodwar.

edit. oh yea, I have not yet played too many levels. Been playing with that "brutal" hardness thingy, which kinda makes winning lil slow sometimes.
Viikuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Rao Dao Zao
My vision is augmented

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

I'm slightly disappointed that Ariel Hanson had to take off her glasses to "become beautiful" to say goodbye to Raynor. Stupid Hollywood stereotypes.

Also, is it just me that felt more than just the ghost of Unreal II in the collect-the-artefacts storyline?

Project Y4 -- a total conversion under construction for Warcraft 3

Last edited by Rao Dao Zao : 07-29-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Rao Dao Zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Opossum
Opossum #496 EU

I really liked the campaign although the story was very cliché and cheesy.
I mean, they're still listening to Sweet Home Alabama 500 years in the future, how awesome is that? Also the amount of cinematics, whether pre-rendered or "ingame", was just insane. Some people may not want to watch cinematics all the time but I think a decent amount of story-telling is obligatory to a good campaign.
The missions themselves were quite enjoyable although in many cases they felt a lot like the WC3 campaign: Gathering X amount of resources, guarding a caravan, fending off the seemingly unstoppable invader in the final mission... they even had a black troll spectre (yes, it's a troll accent. Ja makin' me crazy, I swear!).

General Warfield's "terrible, TERRIBLE DAMAGE!" was just pure awesome too.

The campaign also gave some good examples of what the editor is now capable of. Especially those complex upgrades (like the fire-extinguisher bots) and the rising lava really make me want to check out the editor.

So yeah... it was a worthy game. I might have even payed 60€ for that (instead of 38€).
Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Toadcop

THE BEST THING I EVER PLAYED ! AND THE STORY WAS SO UN OBVIOUS OMFG !

to be honestly. it's
wc3 with fancy graphics... but the best thing about sc2 are the cinematics etc. they are good (ok) made. and the only reason i keeped playing it. (kind a watching a movie)
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
Crevax

I don't think I've heard "I've got a bad feeling about this" that much since the last Star Wars film.
Crevax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
JademusSreg
Laughs Derisively

I enjoyed the campaign but shall refrain from going on at length about what I enjoyed; in short, pretty much everything.

The inconsistency of the game's far past lore doesn't concern me; deception and bad information are precisely what one should expect from ancient lore. Also, I persist in my assertion that Xel'Naga are synonymous with Warcraft's Titans and this "Fallen One" is Sargeras.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Opossum
Opossum #496 EU

Apparently all those cinematics are actual ingame models which can be placed in the editor if you add the campaign dependancy.
So I guess the whole campaign, including the Hyperion, was done with the editor which IS quite neat.
Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
Anopob

I liked pretty much all of it, but some things here and there were quite unpleasant.

For example, once you get the "memory crystal", and play those side missions,
Spoilers

It becomes very interesting and fun and all because you get to be protoss, and it adds a lot to the story and even gives a few reasons as to why Raynor does what he does. However, the fact is that because all these missions are completely optional, none of this information is ever relayed in the main story cinematics and to me that sucks. Raynor should have at least said SOMETHING to indicate that he has taken consideration into what Zeratul told/shown him, but no that's not possible because the player might not have played those missions.

Also, the difficulty overall on Normal seemed to be ridiculously easy. I struggled quite a bit on Normal my first play through in Wc3 and SC/BW, but I beat all the missions here with relative ease even without playing them once beforehand. Oh well, at least Brutal will keep me playing for a bit...
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote