sc2c.org

Go Back   Sc2C.org > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Tastingo

Default WTF Sc2c!

I am furious! You know what site I used to love and still love to this day. Well the answer is wc3c.net. I was never an active poster I always just read stuff that people posted, I eventually signed up after years of just looking. But come on wc3c was the shit! This site is dying!

I hate sc2mapster. I don't know why I just haven't had that "welcome home" feeling when I go to wc3c.net. I stopped mapping for awhile because I couldn't stand the galaxy editor. But now tools for scripting have been made for it, which make it better, such as galaxy++. So I decided to come back.

I say we get together and we get this site poppin. When I go for script help, or to help people I want to go here. Not freaking sc2mapster. Let's figure out a way to get this site out there, and well known. Hell we could even create something together.

If you read this please just post back, even if you don't have time to. Just say hi or respond. I want to know who is still here and who wants in. I hate to see this site go down the drain.
Tastingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
Enviable Lemon
Reputation Leech

Send a message via AIM to Enviable Lemon

hah, activity!
Enviable Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
Anopob

Unfortunately unlike wc3c at its peak (whenever that was) this has had like, no activity, ever. Perhaps that could be changed but sc2 has already been out and sc2mapster is already so big, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Tastingo

Well what if we made a map together and advertised the site.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
Enviable Lemon
Reputation Leech

that would be cool. unfortunately the editor is incredibly complicated and that kills most of my motivation
Old 10-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #6
Tastingo

Well I guess the most complicated part would be the data editor, but if you keep avoiding it then it will always be complicated. I think that is the only complicated part of the editor.

Right now I'm trying to create some libraries of general UI stuff that certain game types need. Such as like recreating Boss Bar's so they are more useful. Creating a RPG chat system. Stuff like that. Then I figure I can share it with you guys to help speed up any games you guys make. If everyone starts sharing them, we should be able to make a bunch of games quickly.

The only thing to learn then would be the data editor...Which we could eventually dissect.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Anopob

Interesting but I honestly doubt that many people visit here enough nowadays, and team projects can be devastatingly difficult to organize (even if it is mostly just sharing libraries and such). But if somehow we manage to make it through, all props to us
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
Enviable Lemon
Reputation Leech

the data editor is huge now though, and really doesn't do anything more than it did in WC3. i spent like four hours one day trying to make a custom bridge but the path just wouldn't work. after that, and screwing around a bit to try and make a new unit, i gave up. I'm not lacking in games (lol) and i just don't find SCII that interesting anymore without the editor. the custom games are generally meh or really hard to find anyway, with the stupid "bnet 2.fail". I'm not against doing more work in it but it's just not something that really excites me anymore.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
syltman
Made of jam

I'd love to help out if we were to create something cool here on sc2c to ressurect it.
syltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
Tastingo

Well does anyone know, who else might be interested. Or who else is visiting this site. What happened to like Earth-Fury and Ammorth?