User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
moyack
Optimus is your daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorth
You obviously have not seen Crysis then. That thing still dumps chunks on my PC.
Your assumption is quite correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by JademusSreg
And SC2 is hardly taxing on my system, and I've only got a ~$400 graphics card, quad core, and 4 GB RAM.
I love how humble you're with your PC :P

Actually my impressions are based in the beta, and the time it took to load a melee map. Probably my issue was the wine emulation ('cos I ran it on linux).

I hope to have the time to play the game and give a proper test, but I still love games which don't eat too much resources and offer a lot, like WC3...

The place to contribute and share knowledge about SC2 Editor.
Power of Corruption Forums (patch 1.24+ compatible). Download here
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #12
Alevice

Yeah, my lame laptop with core i7 with 6gb and a 5870 mobility radeon runs it just fine on ultra settings, I dont know whta you guys are talking about.
Alevice#702
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #13
Ammorth
I blink therefore I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
Yeah, my lame laptop with core i7 with 6gb and a 5870 mobility radeon runs it just fine on ultra settings, I dont know whta you guys are talking about.

I have 4gb, core 2 duo @4ghz, and a HD 5830 and play no problem on ultra. Playing the game is different than loading it though.

Another thing that people forget about is try turning down textures. High resolution textures drastically increase loading times. Especially with textures + normals + lighting, etc you have to load multiple textures instead of one.

When I upgraded my GPU, I noticed my loading speeds were more than halved with all the games I played. Having a huge GPU increases loading just as much as CPU and HD do.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
Zapp
Cool

I have a, like 4 years old maybe, laptop with Intel Centrino Duo 1.66GHz (sucks), 350gb 7200rpm HDD, 2gb RAM and a GeForce 7900GS 256mb.

I can run Sc2 with most settings on low, and a few of them on medium, without any lag, except for when the screen is filled with zerglings or similar.

How can you say that you can't run the game on laptops?
Zapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #15
Hawk
-.O

Send a message via Skype to Hawk

OS also comes into play, particularly with RAM. As someone who still uses XP, max 2GB per process makes my 4 somewhat less than useful.

[QUOTEAmmyorth]When I upgraded my GPU, I noticed my loading speeds were more than halved with all the games I played. Having a huge GPU increases loading just as much as CPU and HD do.[/quote]

QFT, particularly in conjunction with your earlier texture reference. Loading textures is usually tasked to GPU, so can certainly make laaarge difference. (A's for emphasis).
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
Toadcop

беда, беда, беда !
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent

Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm Send a message via Skype to Pyrogasm

Thanks, Tc.

In other news a fresh install + disk defrag kind of fixed this. The Hyperion still takes WAY too long to load, but levels are better.
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote