Go Back   Sc2C.org > Developer's Corner > Scripting
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
frozenfire

Default Trying to get Campaign AI to expand

Hi guys,

I'm doing a simple scenario map that requires the campaign AI to expand and build stuffs at the expansion.

basically from what I know, if I initiate Campaign AI for that player, it will automatcailly get all drone to harvest and that's all.

I've got several questions
1) I tried using AIDefaultEconomy , setting worker count to 16. AI only build 1 extractor and nothing else

2) AIExpand seems to work, but they will only expand and do nothing. Even if I set AIdefaultEconomy which suppose to make sure every base have a certain amount of workers.

Any idea what's the best way to achieve this. There seems to be more than 1 type of function to do stuffs, but none of them seems to be able to get the AI to exapnd , produce workers/gas on the new expansion and some turrets.
frozenfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Strategy Master
Ye Old'e AI guy

Campaign AI is supposed to not do much and you may be expecting too much out of it. It is designed so that it does some basic functionality but the rest you have to fill in using the extensive AI triggering or manual triggering (or scripting for greatest amount of power).
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
frozenfire

yeah I kinda understand that. but the extensive AI triggering really does not work. I suppose when you mean manual trigger means do stuffl like manually calling the DefaultEconomy right? and asking it to expand. that is what I did. it really does not work.
frozenfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Strategy Master
Ye Old'e AI guy

I meant manually order AI to expand or build workers rather than relying on these two functions. Or use an alternative trigger actions. e.g. Set Expand Stock or Expand (hidden as an integer condition under AI Advanced).

Back onto those two functions though, blizzard is going to know what will do, but here are some suggestions.

For AIExpand: What expand flags did you use. There are 4 flags available.

c_expandDefault = 1;
c_expandVitalHard = 4;
c_expandNormalHard = 6;
c_expandIdleHard = 7;

so putting in one of those numbers may make it do something more interesting than if left at the default 0.

As for AIDefaultEconomy: It looks like the peonMode relates to min or maximum number of workers, but dont quote me on that. If true it should build a minimum of those workers, if false it will build a maximum number of workers. Food usage will be min or max food to use. The cap, gas devisor and mineral divisor i'm not too sure on. Cap could be total number of workers or just number of items built in general. Gas/mineral divisor is probrobly how it manages when to build a worker based on the resources it obtains.

I'm not sure why you think it sets for the workers for every
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote