sc2c.org

Go Back   Sc2C.org > Developer's Corner > Data Editing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
67Chrome

Default Changing the Help Menu

I've been playing around with some of the fields pertaining to the in-game help menu and was having some trouble with a few things.

1. Every time I try to add a new category to put units in, it always shows up as UI/HelpMenuDialogTech...
I'd really like to know how to create my own categories rather than just use the ones already existing there (ie Protoss, Terran Zerg).

2. Each model is displayed at a different size in the help menu, and I was wondering if anyone knew how this could be changed. The colossus is rather small, and basing an unit/actor/model off of the colossus will make that model appear similarly smaller in the help section were the model is displayed, were basing a unit or actor or model off the zealot will make it display much bigger. Anyways, was wondering if anyone knew exactly were to modify the units size to change this. Or possibly a camera. Really not sure. But I've seen some custom maps were imported models are enormous, and others were the imported model looks just about right in the help dialog.

3. I would really like to now how to make a custom building tech-tree in the help section, and the furthest modifications I've been able to do is change the building's names and the units they produce, I haven't been able to actually move the buildings around. I'd like to know how to add/remove morphed/merged units not connected to any of the buildings in this as well.

Screenshot2011-04-25 21_58_48.jpg
Screenshot2011-04-25 22_37_59.jpg
67Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
67Chrome

...Anyone?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Alevice

Gimme the weekend and I sahll see into the tech tree. Should be interesting.

The UI/HelpMenuDialogblablabla is because such string doesnt have a localized name. You need to figure out the full string name to add it in the text editor.

My guess for the model would be the collission box and origin nodes. The engine rescales as it sees fit based on them. JUts random guess tho.
Alevice#702
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
67Chrome

All right, thanks. I've found out how to add and remove units from the menu with setting their help menu field to nothing (or adding them by setting it to something) for switching the units around. But, beyond the help menu modifications with a nifty tooltip haven't found out much else.