Go Back   Sc2C.org > Developer's Corner > Tools
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Vestras

Default Moonlite Map Studio

Official Moonlite website
Moonlite (or Moonlite Map Studio) is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for StarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3. Currently it only supports scripting and file import management, but it will also support object scripting, debugging and maybe even terraining. It also is 100% extensible, as it uses the same extension engine as Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.

It is currently in a rather early stage, meaning that crashes and issues can happen. A bug reporter tool is included, but please, only use it if the issue you have found really is a bug. (Meaning that the most people I have had using it so far has tried to use a feature, done it wrong and told me there's a bug)
Since it is an open beta, please also always keep a backup of the map you're editing. Although Moonlite creates a backup, the backup is used for dynamic syntax checking, so just have a backup to be sure.

I haven't finished the documentation yet, so it's not included. If you're used to using the Visual Studio IDE, you'll find using Moonlite easy. To code with it, you simply create a new project, and then add files to that project. Moonlite uses files that it then compiles into the map. If you want to script an already existing map, you have to create a new project, build it, and replace the map in the Bin directory of the project's directory by the map you want to edit. Preferably you want to replace all your GUI triggers by Moonlite code, but it should be compatible.

Moonlite is tightly integrated with the Andromeda language, meaning that it 100% supports OOP programming. Because of this, Moonlite supports dynamic error checking and intelligent and context sensitive code completion. (The code completion isn't implemented yet though)
Note that I want all the feedback, suggestions and error reports I can get. Although this is beta software it should be in a pretty stable state.

The current Galaxy features are:
  • 100% Andromeda support;
  • Dynamic error checking;
  • Xml object creating through Xml files;
  • Code completion (yet to come)
The current Jass features are:
  • 100% vJass support;
  • Dynamic error checking;
  • Code completion (Finished)
There are probably more independent language features, but I most likely forgot.

Global features:
  • Project manager;
  • Function list;
  • Live code preview;
  • Rich user interface;
  • Object Browser;
  • and more

The Andromeda code completion will feature enrichment support, inheritance support, class support, etc. For example, say we have a static class named "Test" with fields "op" and "offset". In our code, we can write "Test.", and when the dot is typed, a list of the members in the Test class pops up. Very small example, but it should do justice to get you thinking.

Requires the .NET Framework 4.0!
Download link: http://www.vestras.net/moonlite/download/
The source code is currently not available. It will be available as soon as the application gets out of beta stage.
If you are experiencing any installation problems, but tell me in this thread ASAP.
For developers, the installer is custom created using WPF and a zip extracter. All files are packaged into zip packages/embedded resources.

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any damage this software does to you or your computer, your maps or any project that you have created. Any issues with your computer, your maps or any project that you have created caused by Moonlite is your own problem.
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Vestras

Moonlite has gone opensource. Please check out the source code at http://code.google.com/p/moonlite-map-studio/ and message me if you want to contribute.

If you want to help write the new text editor for version 2.0, please do not hesitate to contact me on that matter either. The source code for that is available here: http://code.google.com/p/moonlite-platform-text-editor/

I realize the download link is currently down - it will be until version 1.1 is up - it will be better, now Andromeda code completion, along with many other useful features.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
XimikS
xgm.ru <3

.NET? Great! *download*
XimikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
XimikS
xgm.ru <3

and what about zinc/ cjass support?
XimikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Vestras

Quote:
Originally Posted by XimikS
and what about zinc/ cjass support?

There is no support for either, however if you want support, you can easily implement them as dynamic language packages. You can check out the Moonlite source code to learn how.

Last edited by Vestras : 10-24-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Ploks

Internal Server Error for that page.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
Vestras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploks
Internal Server Error for that page.

Yes, as I said above, the download link is currently down.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Ploks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestras
Yes, as I said above, the download link is currently down.

Sorry about that, read the thread too fast.