Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
shadow_killer
I'm happy.

Default [WIP] Nova

Nonsense that no one wants to read.

Hidden information:
You will probably ask me why in the lord of god am i making Nova when she already exists as a normal version and a high-poly version but without animations. The short answer is; that theres no real accomplish in just animation something Blizzard made.

So my challenge for myself was to make something that looks better then Blizzards normal Nova and their high-poly version but still keeping the poly count quite low.

I haven't worked on Nova in a looong time and i gotta admit she looks absolutely horrible judging from the topology. So i started redoing her ass last night and I'm pretty satisfied with the results compared with the old one. (I'm sorry for the dropbox link, but for some reason the attachment one didn't work.)

Hidden information:

I've fixed it up some more, but this time it's turbosmoothed for the joy.

Hidden information:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noooova.jpg (82.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Nova.jpg (16.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (784.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg FixedNovaAss2.0.jpg (45.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by shadow_killer : 02-07-2011 at 02:10 PM.
shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
CyxapuK
sweety ^_^

Send a message via ICQ to CyxapuK

foot is too big, i think
Old 09-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
RaiN

boobs are too small xD! Be sure to add alot of animations like running(walking) while shooting and stuff like that so she can be used in a TPS. That would be awesome
RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Ammorth
I blink therefore I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiN
boobs are too small xD! Be sure to add alot of animations like running(walking) while shooting and stuff like that so she can be used in a TPS. That would be awesome

And here I thought he was talking about animations for the boobs... my mistake.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
LemonJuice

overall her porportions seem slightly off. i know how women's hips are just as if not wider than their shoulders, you should still bring the legs back in so theres no giant gap.
LemonJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Zapp
Cool

Arms too thin and too short. The feet are waaay too big. Legs too thin and too long and her whole upper body looks.. flat. Sorry, but the proportions on this are really messed up. Try to find a picture of a woman standing in the same way as the model, and put the picture behind the model. It becomes a lot easier that way to get everything right, proportion-wise.
Zapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Ammorth
I blink therefore I am

Nova appears pretty lanky in game though, does she not?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
Enviable Lemon
Reputation Leech

Send a message via AIM to Enviable Lemon

yes but still real
Enviable Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
shadow_killer
I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyxapuK
foot is too big, i think

Yeah that was an old WIP. I decided to remake her hole armor as you can see in the first picture and the last one. I made it easier to distinguish between the old WIP's and the new one. The newest WIP will always be posted in the hidden box or the last picture unless i state otherwise in the note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiN

That was an old WIP, I remade her boobs and they are quite larger but they are still in a basic shape and need a lot of work. About the animations I'm gonna add quite a bunch of different animations so she can be used for most things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorth
And here I thought he was talking about animations for the boobs... my mistake.

They could not be added anyway due to her armory making them not bounce when she moves. But if i make an armor less version they are bound to bounce a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJuice
overall her porportions seem slightly off. i know how women's hips are just as if not wider than their shoulders, you should still bring the legs back in so theres no giant gap.

I noticed that when you said it and i will fix the shoulder being wider then her hips by making her shoulders less wider as now it's quite odd. I will also remove the giant gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp
Arms too thin and too short. The feet are waaay too big. Legs too thin and too long and her whole upper body looks.. flat. Sorry, but the proportions on this are really messed up. Try to find a picture of a woman standing in the same way as the model, and put the picture behind the model. It becomes a lot easier that way to get everything right, proportion-wise.

If you judged her arms by the old WIP's they are old and have been replace by fatter and better arms. If you judged by the first picture i gotta disagree with you. I think i nailed the arm proportions pretty good this time and you can't forget that the rest of her arm is to be made of armor so that's why it ain't that long yet. Since you did not say legs I'm saying those are old WIP's and i have remade her feet but i still gotta work with the new feet. Ya I'm using Blizzard's high-poly Nova version to judge the proportions since i thought it would better then using a picture.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
CyxapuK
sweety ^_^

Send a message via ICQ to CyxapuK

very good work <3